Mandy’s Group Limited trading as Mandy’s Movers
These Conditions set out the rights and obligations of the remover ( we-us-our ) and the customer ( you-your ). These Terms and Conditions can only be changed with the prior written agreement of both the remover and the customer.
1.0 Our quotation is an inclusive price
2.0 We reserve the right to amend the price stated in the quotation to take account of changes of circumstances which were not taken into account when preparing our quotation and are confirmed to us in writing.
Such factors may include the following :
2.1 Where the work is not carried out within 3 months of the date stated in the quotation.
2.2 Increased costs resulting from currency fluctuations or changes in taxation, freight charges or increased road fuel prices.
2.3 We have to collect or deliver goods at your request to above ground and first floor and were not made aware of this at the time of quotation.
2.4 We supply any additional services. Any additional services not previously agreed will be charged at £30 per person, per hour.
2.5 The work is carried out outside normal working hours (8.00 am to 6.30 pm) at your request after the quotation is given.
2.6 We are requested to provide additional services not included in the quotation, including the moving or storing of extra goods.
2.7 We are unable to access the collection or delivery point or such access is inadequate or inappropriate for our vehicles. If access is not possible then we may offer the alternative for you to hire at your expense a smaller vehicle. We will then tranship the load piece-meal and will charge for the extra time needed on a pro rata basis. If our driver is required to drive the hired vehicle then all insurance cover for the vehicle and goods carried must be organized and paid for by yourselves.
2.8 We have to pay parking or parking penalty charges.
2.9 There are delays or events outside our control which increase the cost or resources required to complete the work.
2.10 Our quotation does not constitute a contract and accordingly there is no contact between us until you have returned the ‘Acceptance’ form duly signed and dated with the appropriate deposit paid and we have confirmed receipt of such form. The contract will then be on these Terms and Conditions.
3.0 Unless otherwise agreed in writing the following is not included in the quotation.
3.1 Dismantling or assembly of units including flatpack.
3.2 Disconnecting, reconnecting, dismantling, or reassembling any appliances, fixtures, fittings, or equipment.
3.3 Taking up or removal of fitted floor coverings.
3.4 The movement of any item or items which our staff reasonably believe they cannot move safely, whether due to its nature or position. As per Health and Safety guidelines, we may decline to move/carry any packed box which weighs over 25kg. We may also decline to move/carry anything which is unsanitary.
3.5 You are recommended to make arrangements for any such work to be provided for separately.
3.6 If you have requested and paid for a dismantling and/or reassembling service or disconnecting and/or connecting of white goods service it is on the express understanding that as we are dealing with previously erected goods, whilst all care will be taken, we will not be liable for any damage howsoever caused.
3.7 When we quote for any dismantling and/or reassembling service it is on the understanding that there are no unforeseen issues that may require more time than we have allocated. If more time is required, we reserve the right to make an additional charge.
3.8 When dealing with bed slats the plastic retainers can become brittle over time and we cannot be held responsible for breakages.
4.0 You must
4.1 Declare in writing to us the value of the goods being removed and/or stored (unless you elect for our liability to be limited to £500 per item as set out in clause 9.0)
4.2 Obtain at your own expense all permissions, consents, licenses, permits, or customs documents required for the removal of the goods.
4.3 Be present either personally or through an authorized representative during the collection and delivery process.
4.4 Prepare and stabilize all appliances prior to their removal.
4.5 Take reasonable precautions to prevent the unauthorized removal of goods not belonging to you and check to ensure that all your goods are duly removed.
4.6 Provide proper protection for goods left unattended or in unoccupied premises.
4.7 It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that all goods will fit into the final destination property. The Removal Company will not be held responsible if goods will not fit, either through access issues or due to the volume of goods.
4.8 Empty, defrost, and clean refrigerators and freezing equipment.
4.9 In addition, you must provide us with contact details during the removal process, including transit and/or storage of goods to the point of delivery.
4.10 We will not be liable for any loss, damage, cost, or additional expense that may occur as a result of your failure to fulfill these obligations unless by reason of our own negligence or breach of contract.
4.11 No employees will cross any ground that is muddy, waterlogged, or in any condition that would affect the ability of the crew to remain in a clean, tidy, and professional appearance.
4.12 If you have not opted for our packing service and are not fully packed on moving day, you will be charged £15.00 per box we have to pack unless we have previously agreed.
4.13 If you opt for our packing service, you are required to seal or dispose of any opened bottles, bags, packets, and the like.
Ownership of Goods
5.0 You confirm to us that the goods being removed are your property or that you have the authority of the owner to enter into this contract in relation to the removal of the goods and storage thereof.
5.1 You undertake to indemnify us for any claims and keep us indemnified against any claims resulting from any breach by you of clause 5.
6.0 Unless previously agreed by us in writing by a director, the following items are excluded from this contract and will not be removed.
6.1 Prohibited, stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items such as aerosols, paints and firearms and/or ammunition. Also gas in any form or bulk liquids including oils, fuels, and/or cleaning products.
6.2 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or collections of any similar kind.
6.3 Any goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
6.4 Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment or refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
6.5 Animals, birds, fish, or any livestock.
6.6 Goods requiring any license or government consent for export or import or any movement contemplated within the removal.
6.7 If we do agree to remove any such goods, we will not accept any liability for loss or damage unless we are negligent or in breach of contract. If you submit any such goods without our knowledge, we will make them available for your collection and if you do not collect such goods within a reasonable time, we reserve the right to take further steps in relation to the disposal of any such goods. You must indemnify us against any additional charges, expenses, damages, costs, or claims incurred by us as a result.
6.8 We accept no liability for any garden furniture, pots, plants, etc. due to the nature of weathering that can make such items unstable and brittle.
Postponement and Cancellation
7.0 If this agreement is postponed or cancelled we may charge you depending on the amount of notice given. Our charges are as follows:
- 7.1 More than 7 days before the booked date – no charge.
- 7.2 Between 3 and 7 days before the booked date: up to and not more than 50% of the removal charge.
- 7.3 Less than 3 days before the booked date: the full amount.
- 7.4 For this purpose, working days include Mondays to Fridays other than public holidays.
- 7.5 If cancellation is with more than 7 days' notice and a deposit has been paid and/or boxes delivered, then we will make a nominal charge to cover the cost of delivery/collection/cancellation.
7.6 If commencement of unloading is delayed due to key waiting then the following may apply:
- The unloading crew will not unload if it would mean unloading cannot be completed by 7.30 pm. The usual calculation for unloading is two thirds of the loading time. We may alter this at our discretion, otherwise, the goods will be unloaded at the next opportunity and the extra costs to be borne by the customer.
7.7 If key exchange does not happen on the removal day after we have loaded, then we will arrange storage for your goods at your cost. We will then reorganize your re-delivery at the same cost to you of the original booked move.
7.8 Waiting Time Waiver. When we assess your move, we endeavor to include in our calculations the time required for your move without accounting for unforeseen delays.
- In most cases when buying and selling a property, we will get access to commence unloading to the new property by 2.00 pm.
- If, however, we have to wait until after 2.00 pm, then we will levy a charge of £25.00 per crew member per hour.
- If we arrive after 2.00 pm, then charges will commence from our arrival time.
- By agreeing to our T&Cs, it will be taken that you understand and accept this waiting time charge.
- To give you extra peace of mind, we can also offer a ‘Waiting Time Waiver’.
- This requires a one-off payment of £60 excluding any extra charges (packing, dismantling, etc.).
- Taking this option means that there will be no further charges up to 5.30 pm.
- If we are still waiting after this time, then previous waiting charges will commence from this time or alternatives may have to be found regarding unloading/storage.
8.0 You must pay our charges so that we have cleared funds in advance of the removal.
8.1 We will accept cash payment on the day of the removal only if agreed prior and stated on the ‘Acceptance’ form. This has to be paid prior to the commencement of loading.
8.2 You must not withhold any part of the agreed price.
8.3 We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue amounts.
8.4 Payment terms may only be varied with our written agreement in advance.
Our Liability for Loss or Damage
9.0 Our liability for negligence or breach of contract or otherwise under common law in relation to your goods is limited to the value declared to us under Clause 4.1 or £30,000 whichever is the least. If no such value is declared, or if you so elect, for the maximum amount of £500 per item. In this respect an item is defined as any one article, suite, pair, set, complete case, package, carton or other container. These limits may affect the quotation.
9.1 We are not liable on a ‘new for old‘ basis for any lost or damaged goods.
9.2 We shall not be liable to the extent that loss or damage is caused or contributed to by moving goods under your express instructions against our advice and in a manner that is likely to cause damage.
9.3 You must notify us as soon as possible of any damage to premises and to goods for removal.
9.4 We may offer at an ‘extended liability’ exceeding the liability set out under Clause 9.0 at an extra charge and this will be viewed on a case by case basis. 'Extended Liability' must be agreed prior to the move and will cover as standard goods up to the value you request. With this cover, a valuation must be given by yourself on the ‘Acceptance‘ form. We recommend this option as giving you the most comprehensive cover.
9.5 We shall not be liable for damage to flat pack units that we are asked to move in their completed state.
9.6 We shall not be liable for scuffs or other removal marks to soft furnishings and/or mattresses that are not protected or that we have not been requested to supply and fit such coverings and protection to.
9.7 We shall not be liable for loss, damage, or in any way unable to fulfill our contract with you for the following: Act of war (whether declared or not) foreign or UK hostilities, civil war, terrorism, act of God including adverse weather or any other event that is deemed to be beyond our reasonable control.
9.8 If the move is canceled as per 9.7 then cancellation fees will remain as 7.0 and the move will be completed on the next suitable day at the original cost.
10.0 We are not liable for the following:
- 10.1 Loss or damage to cars or other motor vehicles unless carried in an enclosed vehicle or trailer specially constructed for the purpose.
- 10.2 Electrical and mechanical derangement, unless shown to be as a result of physical external damage to the item concerned or as a result of fire, flood, collision, or overturning of road vehicle or other conveyance.
- 10.3 Breakage, scratching, denting, chipping, staining, and tearing of items packed by you including trunks, suitcases, and the like unless reasonably attributed to physical damage to such items caused by collision or overturning of road vehicle or other conveyance. To reiterate and clarify self-packed items are not covered.
- 10.4 Any damage arising from the disconnection or reconnection of white goods.
- 10.5 This policy shall also exclude claims for missing items unless an inventory is supplied by you and approved by us prior to the move.
- 10.6 Loss or damage which occurs prior to collection or packing by us or after delivery or unpacking by us.
- 10.7 Loss or damage to jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, precious metals, coins, money, deeds, bonds, securities, and stamps or collections of a similar kind.
- 10.8 Loss or damage caused by wear and tear, general deterioration, warping, or shrinkage, moth, or vermin unless it can be reasonably demonstrated that such loss or damage arose as a result of our actions or failings.
- 10.9 Any consequential loss.
- 10.10 Loss or damage to refrigerated or frozen food and/or drink, plants, house plants, brittle objects, items with inherent defects howsoever caused, and/or goods likely to encourage vermin and other pests to cause infection. Outdoor and garden pots and containers are specifically excluded from any cover.
- 10.11 Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, potentially dangerous, damaging, or explosive items including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms, and/or ammunition.
- 10.11 Animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds, or fish.
- 10.12 Mysterious disappearance of customer's goods in transit unless evidence (inventory) can be provided to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the loss is solely attributable to the dishonest actions of an employee.
- 10.13 None of our employees will incur any liability to you.
- 10.14 If the value of your goods in store or in transit is, at the time of loss or damage, collectively of greater value than the value declared, then you will bear the equivalent proportion of the claim in the same ratio as the actual value exceeds the declared value.
- 10.15 Our liability is limited to the reasonable cost of repair, and no claim will be considered in respect of any depreciation in value of any item as a result of such repair.
- 10.16 Where any item consists of items in a pair or set, we will not pay more than the value of any particular part or parts which may be lost or damaged, without reference to any special value which such part or parts may have as part of a pair or set, nor more than a proportionate part of the declared value of the pair or set.
- 10.17 Any items left in our vehicles overnight.
Delays In Transit
11.0 Unless specifically agreed, all arrival and departure times are estimates only.
11.1 If a specific timetable is agreed in writing between us and any delay within our reasonable control occurs, we will pay for your reasonable expenses resulting from our failure to keep to the agreed written timetable. If, through no fault of ours, we are unable to deliver your goods and take them into storage, then any additional storage charges and delivery charges incurred as a result will be at your expense.
11.2 HGV drivers are restricted in their daily working hours, and all workers must abide by WTD (Working Time Directive) hours restrictions. Therefore, the following will apply:
All moves undertaken by, though not exclusive to, an HGV, will be subject to completing the move over two days if the distance between properties is deemed to be too great to complete and return to base in one day within the maximum allowed working hours.
Time Limit For Making a Claim
12.0 You must notify us of any loss or damage within 7 days of the collection of goods by you or their delivery by us to their destination unless we agree in writing to an extension of this time limit. If you fail to make a notification to us of such loss or damage within this time scale we will not be liable.
Witholding or Disposal of the Goods
13.0 We have the right to withold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid our charges and any other monies due under this or any other agreement between us. This specifically applies to potential claims for loss or damage that are reported to us before the move is completed.
14.0 We reserve the right to sub – contract part or all of the work provided for under this agreement in which case these Terms and Conditions will continue to apply in full.
15.0 These Terms and Conditions are subject to the Law of England and Wales.
16.0 These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation form the whole agreement between us and all other correspondence or oral discussions or representations are excluded.
17.1 We may terminate this contract on three months notice in writing or after three months following the quotation date. If you wish to terminate this agreement whilst your goods are in our storage you must give at least 10 working days notice in writing. You remain liable for charges for storage up to the date of release of the goods to you.